Sunday, February 19, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
Although I believe that love is something that should be celebrated during the entire year, on Valentine's I like spending the day with my better half, but without all the commercial craze. So, this year, in addition to cooking a fancy meal, I made heart shaped sugar cookies...
...and received these lovely red roses!
Not bad at all!
Thursday, February 9, 2012
This is what I sent to ErikaG for the Coffee and Cigarette swap, which called for Coffee and Cigarette themed items:
I have chosen the following coffee themed items from Erika:
- Some Greek coffee themed ephemera
- Two sachets of Nescafe instant coffee and instructions on how to make frape coffee
- Coffee themed paper napkins
- A coffee stencil for making shapes on the surface of the coffee
- A CD to listen while drinking coffee
I have also included the following cigarette themed items:
- A cigarette case
- Matches from a local bar
- A reproduction of a painting showing an elegant smoking woman
I hope that Erika likes it!
Two days ago, I received this lovely felt cupcake themed bag from Michele (Sweet Clementine) on Swap-Bot:
Inside I found the following lovely items:
The swap description called for three Valentine themed items and what Michele included, was the following:
- Valentine themed cupcake liners
- A heart shaped box of chocolates
- A chocolate heart filled with peanut butter
- Heart shaped cake sprinkles
The swap was also accompanied by a Valentine card:
As Michele is a very generous swapper, she also included the following extras in the package:Thank you Michele for making my day with your generosity and thoughtfulness!